Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. WHO GOP LEADER HOPES CAN AID TRUMP
Party chairman Reince Priebus appeals to the New York billionaire’s adult children to help amid new signs of a campaign in trouble.
2. CLAIMS OF ‘RIGGED’ ELECTION CHALLENGE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS
Trump’s loosely defined allegations are set against more than 200 years of peaceful transfers of power from one president to the next.
3. HOW PASSENGERS SURVIVED CRASH LANDING IN DUBAI
All 300 people aboard the Emirates airliner scrambled down emergency slides before flames consumed the crashed aircraft.
4. TENS OF THOUSANDS TRAPPED IN ONCE-THRIVING SYRIAN CITY
For the many Syrians who chose to remain amid a government siege, the battle for Aleppo is a pivotal point in the nation’s civil war.
5. WHY TURKEY INSISTS THAT US EXTRADITE EXILED CLERIC
Signs are growing that followers of Fethullah Gulen, a Pennsylvania-based religious leader, were behind the failed military uprising.
6. CONSUMERS SNAPPING UP BUG SPRAYS AMID EPIDEMIC
People are buying Zika-targeting products — whether or not they’re near Zika-carrying mosquitoes.
7. US OKS PRIVATE FIRM’S LUNAR FLIGHT PLAN
The government for the first time gives permission to a Florida company to fly a spaceship beyond Earth’s orbit and land on the moon.
8. WHY ASTHMA RESEARCHERS ARE STUDYING THE AMISH
The illness is rare among children in the farming-based communities that shun modern society.
9. JONBENET RAMSEY’S BROTHER TO DISCUSS CASE IN TV INTERVIEW
Burke Ramsey will publicly discuss his younger sister’s death for the first time in an interview to be broadcast on “Dr. Phil.”
10. AMERICANS OFF TO SOLID START
Carli Lloyd and Alex Morgan score a goal in each half as the U.S. women’s soccer team defeats New Zealand 2-0 in its debut at the Rio games.